Step 2: Do:
- Run the t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Unequal Variances for the Data File Golf (Chapter 10) using the video How to Add Excel’s Data Analysis ToolPak (Links to an external site.) for assistance.
In a managerial report, use the methods of hypothesis testing to
- Formulate and present the rationale for a hypothesis test that Par could use to compare the driving distances of the current and new golf balls.
- Analyze the data to provide the hypothesis testing conclusion. What is the p-value for your test? What is your recommendation for Par, Inc.?
- Provide descriptive statistical summaries of the data for each model.
- Explain what the 95% confidence interval is for the population mean driving distance of each model, and explain what the 95% confidence interval is for the difference between the means of the two populations.
- Discuss whether you see a need for larger sample sizes and more testing with the golf balls.
Step 3: Discuss
Based on your hypothesis testing conclusion, what are your recommendations for Par, Inc? Support your recommendations with findings from your managerial report.